This has been an unusual trip for us. Sometimes life and health matters bring about the need to change one’s habits….and this trip for us has been that way but it’s still been all good and we are so blessed to be here. Monday was another boringly quiet day but enjoyable nonetheless.

Things I’ve noticed along the way…….

I can’t remember the waves coming in here at BSV, and along this stretch of Simpson Bay Beach in particular, as gently as they are this morning. No rollers and no crashers. Just a gentle soft surf coming in and kissing the sand. And speaking of sand, there’s even a small drop off - like maybe a max of 1.5 feet - along some of the beach here. First time I’ve seen this during our current stay.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen making tea with both the front and sliding back doors wide open. I watched not one, but two tiny little birds fly into our villa and make a full lap astound and then fly right back out again. I guess they didn’t like the accommodations. Our doors are now shut most of the time. Last November it was an iguana that came calling - I guess we look like animal lovers?

Saba? She be back and this morning she’s more visible today than I’ve seen her this trip. St. Kitts and Nevis are also fairly viewable this morning but I see no sign of Statia though I know she’s out there, too.

Edited to add - a couple of hours after this post was started and St.Eustatia - aka Statia - has now decided to make her presence known so at this time and from our vantage point at BSV, we can see Saba, St. Kitts and Statia in that order.

Still can’t get any info regarding the construction happening at the old Cheri’s location but it is on-going and the only thing we keep hearing is there will be five (really??) eateries in that location.

Last edited by pat; 04/26/2022 12:25 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."