Wow - what a fantastic read that Washington Post article was….thanks to ALL for your replies.

MIDiver - I haven’t looked at your friends’ facebook page, but will do so
soon.

Jeannius - Would you say 3 nights or 4 nights is enough? Logistically, this place is hard to get to (by land anyway). By the time US flights land in Panama City there isn’t enough time to reach the port to catch the transport boats to get you to the charter sailboat. (I plan to see if a charter flight is possible to get close enough and onboard the charter to boat so as not to burn a night in Panama City. (We’ll be burning nights there after San Blas)

So, if i can’t swing a night start on travel day, we’ll have to
stay in Panama City and begin the trek the following day…All this to
say..I can’t really justify (in my mind anyway) spending just 3 nights aboard charter given the laborious travel time….BUT also don’t want to be stuck/bored. My wife really does love planting her toes in sand ALL day and I really enjoy exploring/swimming/snorkeling , etc especially with kiddo (she won’t always be 10)…in addition I like boats. It doesn’t sound like wind will be great in October, but that is all right as I assume water visibility will be improved.

Apologies for droning on, but if you had any thoughts on minimum/maximum san blas charter time I would appreciate additional input

ALL - thanks again! TTOL is such a wonderful resource and full of
so many helpful people! I use it daily.

Last edited by Murdock; 04/26/2022 07:23 PM. Reason: typos