So this was it - our last full day before going home……

We had another early wake-up with coffee here on the deck. Brunch (breakfast for us and lunch for them) was at SMYC with Kim and Ken a little later so we could commiserate with them regarding their imminent departure. But only so much sympathy since they will be returning a lot sooner than we will, for sure. And how nice it must be for them to head off to the airport with virtually nothing more than a purse sized carry-on to deal with. Brunch was yummy and the company great and to top it all off, we got to see a few large boats entering the lagoon which is always a treat since this is the time they seriously start departing for greener pastures. Or perhaps that should read for bluer waters?

Meanwhile, back at the hacienda, I had all this ‘stuff’ to cram into my suitcases - most of which, once again, was never worn. Will I never learn?! Again, we used the resort’s laundry service, twenty-four hour turn-around and they do an awesome job for not very much money. So worth having them do it. And what’s really sad is the returned bagged items come back looking almost as good as the ones I slaved over pressing before packing…… Alright, I didn’t ‘slave’ but I did labor over them. And now it’s all set to travel again.

As always, the forever debate as to where to enjoy the last supper was held and after much contemplation we settled on Skipjacks. What a good choice it was. The Caribbean grilled lobster was $25.00 per pound and little porkers that we can be, we shared a five pounder. It was delicious and we ate every last bite. Coupled with escargot, It turned out to be our best island dinner of our sixteen nights. And one last BBC for dessert - it couldn’t have been any better.

Home again to continue the packing. Ugh! But at least we’re almost done.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."