David,

This post has nothing to do with dinner with Mamas Pizza but I couldn’t resist responding to you…..

I am so glad you and the crew enjoyed The Spaghetti House. It’s been a favorite of ours since we first discovered it not too long after it opened. I think Katerina told us the recipes are all Enzo’s and were taught to the staff under his tutelage.

On our first visit we didn’t know what to expect and we had a chuckle. Caterina was not there that evening and a friend was filling in for her. He was a burly gentleman and didn’t really look like the restaurant type but he offered us a table - our choice since we were the only diners and most of their business was take out that evening. We sat and eventually he came to take our drink order - I asked if they had a wine list and in a somewhat gruff but friendly manner he responded, “ Red or white!” I got the message and I’ve been hooked ever since. Great food, reasonable prices and the ability to enjoy Fat Tony’s music from afar. What more can you ask for?

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."