Le Petit is quite a ways from where the majority of restaurants are, and there are no sidewalks on the main section of road. I personally would not feel comfortable walking there. The hotel itself is very nice. I have to assume that you know that Le Petit is owned by the same folks that own Le Esplanade. You might check with them to see if they have any transfers provided to restaurant row from the hotel. I believe that Esplanade does provide transfers to restaurant row, but you should check with them. As far as other nice hotels in that area, I could definitely recommend Grand Case Beach Club. There is a restaurant there on the property, and it's a much shorter walk to restaurant row. There are several nice Air B & B type places in Grand Case, but I don't know of any particular ones to recommend for sure. A few years ago, we saw one that was immediately across the street from Le Cottage, but I do not know the name of it.

Not to put a stick in your plans, but have you considered Orient Village?? Since Irma, to ME, I think the choices in Orient Village outshine Grand Case for walkability. And there are still some parts of Grand Case that haven't totally recovered from Irma. There are a million (well, maybe not literally!!), but there are a TON of townhouses to stay in, in Orient Village where you can walk to the many different restaurants in the Village, and enjoy everything that is there. As far as hotels, Orient Beach Hotel gets really good reviews, and it is just off the Village Square. It's not in the category of Le Petit or Le Esplanade, but the beach is outstanding and there are several great lunch restaurants on the beach, in addition to those in the Village for dinner.

Best wishes and enjoy!

Carol Hill