Earlier this morning, even before coffee, I wrote a really nice post, from our CT departure up to this time. And then I deleted it all by mistake. I will try to get it right this time but it will be much shorter so consider yourselves lucky.

We flew JB from JFK on Tuesday. Wheelchair service was the only glitch and even that wasn’t a big deal. Arrival in SXM was perfect - a good flight and airport arrival. The only glitch was I think they have only one person to empty the baggage from the plane and deliver it to the terminal. It took forever but apparently this is happening regularly. Am I complaining? Yup! But only minimally. Lesley was waiting patiently and seemed to take the baggage situation in stride.

Checked into BSV and ran into friends who were on the tail end of their stay but at least this year we got to actually see them for a few days. Spent some time unpacking and then headed out to the Spaghetti House for a late lunch/early dinner. Katerina hadn’t come in yet but we did get to chat with Clara. For those of you who might not know it, she said they make their own Tiramisu which DH and I shared. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!

Wednesday - coffee and pastries supplied by Jeannie/ShopnDrop for breakfast and then we finished unpacking. We headed off to Fat Tony’s for pizza but mysteriously enough, our car turned into Sand Bar instead and we had great blue cheese burgers instead while we chatted with a lovely local family. We ate in Wednesday night, again thanks to Jeannie’s provisioning.

Thursday, Nov. 3 - awoke early to another gorgeous island day. We headed out to the Yacht Club for a quick breakfast and ran into Ann Moulton Elliott. Our quick breakfast was almost two hours long but what a pleasure getting to spend time with her. Finally got around to going to the grocery store for a few items we forgot and then home for piña colada time. We couldn’t make up our mind on dinner - debated between Lees and Sublime, both of which I really love - so we finally made it to fat Tonys for our pizza instead. Brought the left-overs home and DH ate them as his bedtime snack. Early to bed, wondering what tomorrow will bring.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."