found this on aquatic express website from the link you gave me. I'm assuming this is true for all ferry lines, but thanks i'll check the links out further. I actually have that one bestofbvi and could not find any directly from St. John to Tortola so far. Of course I would prefer to do St. John 1st then Tortola. It looks like you can do Tortola to St. John, stay and then continue on to STT another day. . . . .

"ST. JOHN PASSENGERS

The Ferry departs Road Town, Tortola and stop in Cruz Bay, St. John for Customs and Boarder clearance, prior to continuing onto Red Hook, St. Thomas. Passengers who wish to travel to St. John as your final destination do not have to continue onto Red Hook. Once Customs clearance has been completed, you are welcome to stay in St. John as your final stop.

However, passengers are still required to purchase Road Town to Red Hook tickets.

There are no direct trips from Cruz Bay, St. John to Road Town, Tortola. Passengers who wish to travel from St. John to Tortola, are required to travel to Red Hook and then onto Tortola."

[Linked Image]