I forgot to mention that the wifi is reliable and the rooms now have televisions with the usual streaming services available if you want them. Also, the new owner has just installed a small parking lot and gate so that you no longer have to park on the street. It is a residential neighborhood and is very quiet. It definitely feels safe, but would not recommend walking around on the streets after dark.

The bakery/grocery store is adjacent to the restaurant L'Oasis and just across the street is another restaurant BZH. There is a short but steep hill down to this area, but is easily walkable during the day. Again, I would not recommend walking back from dinner after dark.

L'Oasis is a typical upscale French restaurant that is very good. Beware that you need a reservation for dinner - it was completely full when we were there. The lighting was bright and the noise level was a bit loud for our taste. We felt a little rushed there, but overall the food was excellent and the experience was very good. We really enjoyed BZH across the street, which at first glance only appears to be a specialty creperie restaurant. However, they also have a full menu with excellent food and very friendly staff. We enjoyed dinner there twice in their outdoor venue where the music was quiet, the lighting more subdued and the tables spaced further apart than at L'Oasis creating a very nice experience.

A little further down the road in the opposite direction is Mama Pizza (you have to go there - lots of fun and great food), and Big Fish on the Dutch side of Oyster Pond which is more upscale. We did not have a chance to go to the latter.

I have a few photos of the view from our terrace and of BZH, but not sure how to attach them! Sorry.

Attached Files BAC57AEF-D645-4D42-9766-C4D816327E46_1_102_o.jpeg

[Linked Image]