Isn't the pressure to do the "resort update" ridiculous?
I had a chat with the guy who did ours last February. I said "this is not a resort update. this is a "buy more timeshare" update.
When we went in December, I was prepared to fight them when they tried to get us to sign up. However, they did not argue at all when I said no. Perhaps they have a picture of my husband and I with a caption that says "Don't argue with these two. You won't win".
And, I'm sorry. The $20 they want you to give them to hold your spot which you get back when you show up? NO WAY!

The service at the restaurants at Divi have ALWAYS been suspect and often downright bad. I had high hopes for the former manager of food and beverage. But he has since left.
At the manager's party in December, I talked to the head chef and the manager of food and beverage. I think they have some grand plans which might work out. They certainly have some desire to see things improve.

However, given our experience, with Divi, we would NEVER be all inclusive there. I can't image coming to SXM to do all inclusive anyway!