A couple of my general comments.

Always tour with a guide, as there is so much you don't know to look for that a guide can point out. One example was he showed us the underside of a leaf, and what I thought I saw was a lot of leaf scale, but it was a group of tiny bats shielded from the sun. Another pointed out a scary looking 12 inch insect which looked like a twig, some 150 feet up a tree, that we viewed through her scope. I have no idea how she could see it with the naked eye, as I was having trouble seeing it with the scope.

Other than fresh seafood, meals are fairly uninteresting, but filling. Imperial isn't the best beer around, but beats anything from Panama.

If you drive, allow plenty of time. Many roads reminded me of our unpaved Forest Service roads out here. On some stretches, covering 20-25 miles in a hour is more the norm, slaloming around the potholes.

The people are very friendly.

Bring lots of high powered insect repellent if you do any time in the jungles.

If you're going to fly to various places, learn to love San Jose, as we could never make a same day connection anywhere, and had to overnight there. Most people don't seem to like the city, but I really enjoyed it.

I haven't touched on where to go, because there is so much to see in what's probably a short time frame, that you need to set you own priorities.

And, have a great time!