Carialle--we do NOT make reservations on island, except in very rare occasions. We generally travel off season also, so that does make some difference. We always make an exception for Anse Marcel Beach Club and do make reservations there. I find eating in one of their gazebos on the beach to be a decadent experience that is definitely worth making a reservation for. It depends on the season, but even with a reservation, they often limit the gazebos to parties of 4 or more, but they have allowed just the two of us, when we said ti was an anniversary celebration (which it was). I would probably make a reservation for Ocean 82 also, to ensure that you get a waterfront table. The view from a waterfront table there is stellar, as is the food.

With regard to reservations on Orient, no. Never made a reservation there yet anywhere. I don't honestly remember where Coco is in particular now, as they seem to have done musical chairs and moved around where they all are. Are you talking about lunch or dinner? A couple of the restaurants there are open for dinner, but not many. For those you might need a reservation.

As far as Kalatua, not sure many people here have tried it out, as I don't remember many people commenting on it, other than the parking situation. When they got permits to build there, they said they were going to build parking, but they did not. Many people at the beginning were parking on the sides of the road there, which makes for a dangerous situation. Not sure what's going on with that. Ultimately, I personally have zero desire to go there, because there beach loungers are laying literally ON the sand, which would make it difficult for me to get up out of.

As far as Mario's, it is not really Italian. I would describe it more as a 'continental' cuisine. Since they moved to the Cliff, the consensus seems to be that the prices have gone way up, and the experience is not necessarily worth it. You definitely need a reservation at Mario's because the venue is MUCH smaller there than when they were in Puerto Cupecoy.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on your other questions.

Carol Hill