Originally Posted by Crew4Lemonade
Originally Posted by Daniel Young
Hearing about the crowds and how hard it was to get a Boatyball reserved, my biggest concern was having a spot to spend the night. We aren’t party animals, so being up a little before 7am to reserve a ball wasn’t a concern. I had a Verizon travel plan, so I had cellular connectivity. 6:59am, finger at the ready…7:00am, click, click, reserved - every time, no problems. By 7:01 am, they were all taken. Don’t know if it was luck, but it seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the report! Very informative and gave me some more restaurants to consider for our charter coming up in 6 weeks!

I am curious, which Verizon travel plan did you have? The one that is about $10 per day, or the more expensive 30-day plan? We were planning to use the $10-per-day plan, but some friends who used it on a recent cruise-ship vacation had issues with being charged exorbitant "international waters" rates any time they weren't standing on dry land (they were not travelling in the same area, however). I was hoping we would be okay because the islands are so close together in the BVI, but wondered about your experience. We aren't planning to be on our phones much, but would like to be able to use Boaty Ball if necessary in a couple locations and don't want to be surprised by big bills if we do end up making a call for some reason.

We have ATT. No issue with $10/day plan in the BVI. Have used it many times.