Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor
We go in mid/late-June, and the usual places get busy from a ball oerspective-Cooper, JVD Great Harbor and Anegada. I would plan on BB at these harbors, or get there very early. Reservations required at Cooper, Coco Maya and in Anegada.

Sorry to thread bomb, but appreciate the info here. Haven't been since December of 2015, and obviously lots has changed. On that trip, I had my back seize up bad from a bulging disc and required back surgery, so haven't been around here for quite a while. Is there really any time of year other than peak hurricane season when the anchorages aren't crowded? We're working on a late April/early May trip for next year to celebrate my wife's 40th.

What does BB stand for? I get that it's some sort of mooring ball reservation facility. How prevalent is that nowadays? Also, what happens if for instance you reserve a ball on Anegada, but then decide to stay an extra night? Out of luck? Or, can you reserve for two nights and then cancel if you decide to leave that morning?