Our days have not been terribly exciting. Just beach days reading - we prefer the quieter beaches so... a couple at Cupecoy, took the beach chairs to Long Bay and Pinel, back side where we had it to ourselves most all day. On Sunday, Mary's Boon was hoppin' so after we returned from Long Bay we headed down to the bar for some Margaritas. We were able to watch our college team, the Vols, win their game in the baseball regional finals, so it was a fun afternoon. We asked why it was so busy this Sunday and not last Sunday. The bartender said "seaweed"... ah... we'd already forgotten about that!

Food:
Roma - We went to Roma on Sunday and had a mixed experience. It was pretty quiet and I never saw any management, just a couple of waitresses and the hostess. My husband got the ribeye which he liked. I got the carbonara, which was a big disappointment. My favorite part of carbonara is the creamy sauce. My dish had zero sauce... a couple of spots about the consistency of Elmer's glue on the large pasta (which I don't prefer...I like the traditional spaghetti or linguine noodles). My guess is that it had been sitting a long while waiting on the ribeye to cook. I'm assuming we just hit them on a bad night food wise - the service was good. With what I've read of Marco and our excellent experience at Isola a few years ago, I don't believe he would have found what they served me to be acceptable.

Le Bistronome - We always enjoy Le Bistronome and this trip was no exception. We had mushroom soup, mussels, fish pot, scallops, and chocolate mousse. All were very good, especially the mousse, which is the only picture I remembered to get. It's a small, cozy restaurant and Chantal is always such a delight.

Don Pizza - At Lesley's suggestion, we tried Don Pizza. It is a Sicilian style pizza which you can see being prepared, if you wander inside. Seating was outside in the plaza area of the new building. It was a beautiful spot with excellent pizza. I can say this because honestly, I don't really like pizza. There are only a few places I actually eat it, but I really enjoyed it. My husband likes anchovies and I'm not fond of them, so we got two different halves, which was easily accommodated. We'd definitely recommend a stop here (across from Pineapple Pete's, tucked into the back). This was probably the most people we've seen at a restaurant this trip, but still not crowded and good service.

Lolos - For our last evening, Ernie wanted lobster. We ended up going back to Grand Case and after a bit of wandering, just decided to eat at Cynthia's Talk of the Town. I got half and my husband got a whole one. They were rather small, but very well prepared, not at all dry. With all the side dishes, it was plenty of food and we had a lovely meal. I wanted some of the home made coconut ice cream, but she said that they only have it on the weekends... Saturday. A mental note for next time! So we ended up back at our balcony at Mary's Boon for some red wine and chocolate - not a bad choice.

Sadly, we are headed home and back to reality later today. As always, we've had a wonderful time discovering new things and revisiting favorites on this beautiful island!

Attached Files A4C558C1-FAE2-4FA8-BCFC-5547181D3612.JPGIMG_9815.jpegC40CB86F-440F-4FCF-8DE9-6853CA7FC608.JPGIMG_9830.jpegIMG_9848.jpegIMG_9851.jpegIMG_9858.jpegIMG_9867.jpegIMG_9873.jpeg

Laura