Caught a bit of sunshine early in the morning only to have heavy cloud cover the rest of the day, but at least not much rain
although not going to the beach, the sand gravity is apparent as we aren't doing much planned activities

made our way over to bacchus express in the late afternoon to find the end of the day sweets and enjoyed a coffee eclair and a good sized coconut macaroon
Hopefully going back today as that macaroon rocked, en Francais it is a rocher co co

our original plan was to stay in the village but our choice was closed on Monday so we had a early dinner at La Villa
Sunday night in Gran Case was very busy while Monday was very quiet

Florence is still on vacation while Christophe had the night off
JC and Cedric were on the floor along with a bartender

In all honestly we go to La Villa for the friendly service not the food

The amuse for the evening was a chilled carrot-potato soup

My wife started with a menu special of lobster Thermador served over a puff pastry, it was incredible with chunks of lobster
Again trying to not order my usual, I licked the plate of frog legs served in a garlic butter sauce
for those who aren't sure, consider them like French chicken wings
My wife would not partake despite how good they were but she did soak her bread in the sauce

With nothing jumping over the menu for us to choose, my wife enjoyed the seared rare tuna and saved half for a future lunch
I demolished a perfectly cooked filet with a foie gras sauce accompanied with properly cooked vegetables and delicious potatoes gratin
I was pleasantly surprised on how good the filet was

Not being a big dessert eater, my wife finished off the meal with a coffee with vanilla ice cream while I finished with tiramisu

three different rum shots were poured with the last out of what looked like a plastic gasoline container and yes it tasted like it too as it was the strongest of the three

John Carlos is so great at making old and new customers feel at home

Overall a great night at La Villa

Home early to watch the end of the bachelor as one of the finalist grew up about 15 minutes from our home

Attached Files la villa amuse.jpgLa villa thermador.jpgLa villa frog legs.jpgLa villa filet.jpgLa villa tuna 23.jpgLa villa coffee.jpg