JCarver27: We've had a half dozen or so trips to the BVI's, mainly land based, over the last 10 years. We've spent many a relaxing days on JVD. A few months back, we were apparently in the mood to make a bad decision and we decided to book a cruise. We were however most excited about the Tortola stop for obvious reasons as well as St. Thomas as it allowed us to hire a private boat to spend some time around the waters of St. John. We went on the cruise with our two teenagers earlier this month. We arrived into our Tortola stop at 6:00am, got off the boat by 7:00 and had tickets to a 7:30am "excursion" that took us via ferry boat from the cruise ship dock (well, right around the corner...literally) over to the Government dock in Great Harbor JVD. Upon arrival, they had arranged for Fast Eddie (taxi) to drive us from the Government Dock over to White Bay. We were only able to stay for a few hours though and the excursion operator ensured we were back to boat in time for a 1:00pm departure. So check your arrival and departure times carefully. Definitely not ideal, but at least we got a few breakfast painkillers in our bodies before heading back to the ship. Fun morning! (We booked through ShoreExcursionsGroup.com as the cruise line was sold out of the JVD excursion by the time we booked.) Worth noting, we will NEVER take another cruise on a large ship. Covid was apparently rampant. My wife and I both tested positive with 2 days of returning home...that was 17 days ago and we're not fully back to normal yet. We also knew a number of people on the ship that tested positive as well. Yuck. I thought I drank enough on the cruise to kill any virus that entered my body but apparently I was wrong! Good luck, have fun!