Frankly, not having to ride in a bus to another location is worth a LOT to us. Being able to walk to "my" car for the two weeks and leave right from the airport to "my" home for the two weeks is worth it to me.

I remember the first year we were in SXM, we made the mistake of renting at Paradise car rental. As luck would have it, we had a run in with a wheelbarrow which scratched the bumper of the car. When we brought the car back to the rental agent, they told us that they would have to replace the bumper and the scratch would cost us over $1000 to fix. And oh by the way, the number $1000 was determined by the rental return agent.
Now, how many of you think that they actually replaced that bumper for a scratch? After seeing other car rentals in SXM, I think it is pretty safe to say they didn't.
We fought it through the credit card company and wound up splitting the difference. Live and learn.

I would never have to worry about something like this happening with Lesley. He and Shirley are fair people.