We got a great deal on one of the penthouses through AirBnB and stayed at the Sapphire in June. We bought way back during preconstruction in 1991 and it was a fun trip down memory lane as we hadn't been back since we gave our unit back. We agree with those that say they've got things pointed back in the right direction, and have come back a long way from where it was. We saw some of the same folks that worked there back when. We had a good laugh as we have all gone gray. Hard to believe we were 30 when we bought weeks there.

The restaurant/bar was indeed open, even with as slow as it was there in June. We had a few light snacks, but mostly just cocktails. The grocery store on the ground floor was back, but hours were irregular..again I'm guessing due to the low number of guests. There was plenty of parking in the gated underground garage, and the gate keycard worked just fine.

In my humble opinion, a very good value based on their current pricing. I just saw one of the beachfront 3BR villas with a private plunge pool on the balcony for $289 a night on Travelocity..not bad at all. The proximity to Cupecoy and Dany's is also a huge bonus, and if it's one of those days where the sand is at the Ocean Club end of the beach, it's a 2 minute walk.

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy