Great intel, thanks. Was considering using the old GoogleFi device as a hotspot but may spring for the Starlink. Or use both for when the throttle us down on speed..
After looking at the device and thinking of the boat itself, I was thinking on the aft of the flybridge by the solar panels, but if it always seems to want to point north, maybe I need to be Able to move it and in that case, I'd need the Pole mount accessory and have a mount for said pole on the Bow and Stern depending on route of sail. Just don't want to drill the thing into the hard deck if when we turn a direction it would be blocked by the boom....
I kinda figured if it was solid and pointed in a certain direction at a slight angle, it would find a satellite put here somewhere.

Edited to consider the issue of me trying to move the thing around the boat... That wouldn't work as the starlink cable would be installed professionally and not able to be run around boat.
I'd have to pick a spot, install it and hope it finds a satellite in the direction it's pointed? Aft of fly bridge seems to be the clearest shot, slight angle pointed outside of boat......?

Last edited by fletchccc; 09/13/2023 07:34 PM.