Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Regrettably, I agree, and we are ok walking away and "cutting our losses, and keeping our memories". The last remaining concern though is making sure there is no chance they try to come after us for any old unpaid maintenance fees or assessments after the property became unusable after Irma. They stopped billing, and we stopped paying - seemed fair at the time. As crazy as this idea may sound, I've heard less than reasonable positions from them in the past, and I don't know if I should do anything to document my walking away, like send them a legal "we're walking away, and owe you nothing" letter. I think the only reason I've hesitated is because I hate to give it to them when I know in my heart that they just want us out for free so they can turn it into more salable condos.

fyi - not trying to ask you to be my lawyer! Just looking to see how others handled or thought about it.

Oh, and yes, we never stopped visiting SXM! It is still our go-to "annual honeymoon" spot 38 yrs later, and hopefully will remain so!

Thanks again
CnS