We stayed in the village last June and had a balcony with a view of the village just down from where all the restaurants are along Av. des Plages. It is very safe and quite a magical place, especially at night. We walked to the restaurants and among the stores at night and always felt secure. We would sit every evening on our balcony enjoying a cocktail and did see dogs walking around, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time, almost every night down around the Alamanda resort road and parking area. However, we'd also see people out walking in the same area but never saw the dogs bothering anyone. Now more rarely, we'd see a stray donkey. One night, after two cocktails, I thought I saw something large in the shadows of the parking area around the dumpsters, wondering if I was seeing things. DONKEY! We never saw them bothering anyone but I wouldn't want to get too close to one. But that's just me. We saw packs of donkeys walking on the road along Orient beach during the day. Never saw them bothering anyone but again, we kept our distance.