@Whale Tail - thanks for the greeting!

I sailed up from Grenada in one straight shot, most of it was a wonderful sail at 9-10 knots (with a reef in the sails, because I'm chicken and alone aboard) and parts were in 0 knots of wind. I arrived with the sailor's dream weather - after an ocean passage everything is covered in a slick salty layer that eats its way through all metal types; so you have to wash down your boat. Right as I anchored the skies opened up with a long heavy rainshower that did all of my cleaning work for me!

I don't know about the hats, I was at the committee rooms earlier and saw all the "swag" stacked up, but didn't notice any hats. I have a volunteer meeting in an hour and we usually get our clothing (and hats) then - so I might be able to add to this thread later on today.

They haven't gotten started with building up the stage, booths and other items at PDP, but I think it was the same last year and they didn't start until Wednesday morning.

The number of boats is slightly higher than last year, and the winds are going to be on light side (10 knots) on Thursday and then pick up a bit; so it will be "champagne" sailing for the racers and a perfect year to be on a spectator boat since the swell won't be bad at all and conditions just perfect.

I'm going to enjoy my first 17:00 bridge opening from the SMYC in 45 minutes laugh YAY!!!!!

Last edited by Zanshin; 02/27/2024 04:13 PM.

[Linked Image]