Caribbeangirl13 - then I've had a true sailing experience! It was about 1:00 a.m. on one of our first charters when it went off (awful sound on these alarms by the way). Since the boat was smaller, I jumped up and banged my head on the ceiling - it was a scene I will not forget running around the boat in my boxers making sure we weren't about to hit something!

For me, the key has been setting the anchor on the app in the right spot - where the real anchor actually is set - so the allowable radius on the app is the true radius or safe zone. On that night, I mistakenly pushed "anchor down" on the app after the boat had settled back 20 to 30 feet instead of pushing it right on top of the real anchor. Therefore, when the wind shifted during the night, the boat pivoted out of the established radius. Think about it, if the anchor is set in the app in the true center of the boat's swing, and you are 80 feet from the anchor, a 100 foot allowable radius should never give you a false alarm.

It's just hard getting the anchor set on the app in the true center when you are dealing with the anchor setting process for the boat. With a mooring, it's obviously much easier. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. Happy Easter everyone!