Day nine of 21. We are in Orient just behind Kontiki water sports – great location.

Random thoughts and observations. - note all my pics in pdf format, will work to convert them!, tomorrow, maybe

Travel is busy, regardless of whether cruise ships in port or not.

Heard a reggae version of George Harrison’s My Sweet Lord yesterday on Island 92– I liked it!

First visit to the Art Box Gallery in Simpson Bay. Well worth checking out – 89 Welfare Rd, not that the address helps as almost no businesses have street numbers. We have several prints by Antoine Chapon, now we have one more!

Every time I visit Au Dirait le Sud in the village for meat, treats, pistachio ravioli, Italian lemon and Orangeade and more, I feel like the person in the story, …. How to make a million in Orient Village? - start with two million! Oh my, the crunchy cannoli stiffed with lemon or salted caramel – freshly made and so good. Think they also had nut and a pistachio filling. We will be trying all the flavours.

Found the lady in Marigot market who sells Fr linens, and now we have more. Hard time getting nutmeg - we always take some. Olive near the fish stalls didn’t have any, her daughter Sandy in the market didn’t, but Olive sent us to Marianne at Spicy Milo, down the alley between the bakery and public bathrooms across from the market – what a great stand.

Excellent lunch at Kat Too Toos in the resto area just south of the market made from shipping containers. Spoiler alert Kat is Wilfred Brooks wife.
Food was excellent, loved the presentation detail and the sauces. The curry sauce would rate a “That’s money” from Guy on Triple D! We split salt cod fritters and creole conch – should have taken pics. We will return before we go home

Had my first curry land crab rice bowl at Chez Leandra’s – ggot to try it at least once. I am a Jerk fan and Leandra’s is pretty good, maybe better than my own. Order it extra spicy or as they say– Zelman style. I keep trying to get them to make Caribbean jerk chicken poutine [ with brie instead of curds], but to no avail.

Island is green and all is good

John & Bev