In my opinion, the private water taxi "business model" is no longer relevant. I was getting weary of the double-speak concerning vague fees for this-and-that, and November's fiasco was the last straw. My personal experience is: (1) They prefer to arrange the taxi transfer from STT to Red Hook at their prices; (2) We found in November they could only drop you at Customs & Immigration at West End, no further. (3) They assess a cash "customs fee" of about $35 per person. This fee is retained by the company, there is no customs fee assessed to tourists entering BVI; (4) Additional fees to deliver you to your actual destination might be either a local taxi or public ferry, not the same water taxi that delivered you to Tortola. In my opinion, private water taxis have increased their fee structure and can not deliver the convenience of the past. I would be aware of the specific service(s) they claim to offer, and are those services what they can deliver today, or are they what they hope to offer in the future. Again, just my opinion, everyone should do their own due diligence and make their own decisions.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com