Nutmeg said:
I can't help you with housing, except to say that some places have a minimum length of stay. I will say, that if you are accustomed to the BVI beach bar scene, you might not be happy on St. John. Because of the national park, most beaches are fairly pristine. Cruz Bay has beach bars and restaurants, and on a few beaches you can get a drink, but for the most part St.John is picnic and cooler territory- no glass. You should rent a car for at least part of your stay, public transportation won't take you to some places you might want to see.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! As far as beach bars go, we tend to go to the more secluded beaches in the BVI and bring our own cooler, or we're on a sailboat and simply dinghy a cooler on shore. It makes me laugh, and sad, to think about the BVI as having raucous beach bars. When we first started going there 15 years ago, most of the beach bars were very shack-like, and had just enough patronage to be fun. Now, with the cruise ships coming into Road Town and the day sailing 60 person catamarans out of St. Thomas, places like White Bay on Jost have been ruined for me.

I think strolling down to Cruz Bay in the evenings will satisfy our requirements for any livelier bars. I've found a couple of decent looking places around Cruz Bay, so will probably just stay at one of those. It looks like there really isn't much else for lodging around the island.

Thanks again!

Last edited by desmofan; 02/23/2015 04:07 PM.

[Linked Image]