Hi again, You are very welcome, anything to help out. Airfare, Where are you flying from, and where do you want to fly too? Atlanta and JFK has direct flights (South African Airlines) to either Cape Town or Johannesburg depending on the departure day. 17 hours from JFK and 15 hours from Atlanta. We flew from Buffalo to Detroit(1hr) to Amsterdam (7hrs) to Cape Town (11hrs) 19 hrs total. I just booked Toronto to Trinidad the other day and I was on the computer for a week looking at fares. Do a search for Air fare to Cape Town, or something like Air Travel to South Africa. Just keep looking at what the rates are. Also try different days on departure and returns. (Eric and Carol Hill should pipe in hear and have some advise too). We went last December and it was about $1,288 each RT, North West Airlines. There's a travel guy in Philly that has good rates too, but I can't remember his name.

Are you scuba divers? South Africa has the #1 and #2 dive spots in the world to see Great White Sharks. I wanted to dive, but it wasn't the best time of year for that. Also there is good Whale watching off the coast in Cape Town, many sea lions too. Are you going to need a car? They all are right hand drive and stick shift, you drive on the left side of the road. Do not speed! They are tough on speeders. If you like sea-food, your in luck. SA is great for fish (sea-food) lovers, many resturants have great sea-food dishes. They call steaks "Rump" If a guy likes his steak as we call meat. He would say "I had a great peice of Rump" Really! Have some Rand currency with you, US$ will work good too. ATM is a good choice to get some Rand. We went to our bank to get Rand before we left, and the exchange rate was better out of the ATM over there. In a mall or a place where there are shops and such, they have everything we have here in the states. We were some what surprised that at times you would never even think your in South Africa. One thing I really noticed was the sun, moon and stars, they look different in the southern hemisphire. The water rotates in a different direction than here when it's going down the drain. There are so many different cultures in SA. Lots of tourist, all very friendly. On our last day, is when we finally ran into some Americans. Lots of British and Germans there, plus many others. You will have a great time. Cape Town is very safe and clean, www.steelmusichall.com/honeycat/html/
Greg