As long as you have a reasonable set of expectations, you'll enjoy Mongoose Apartments. We stayed there in 2013 and the units are clean, well stocked, and in a nice quiet area back from the road. Luxury, they are not. But very comfortable and a convenient base for walking to/from all the Cane Garden Bay fun.

I'll toss my $0.02 opinion. You say your goal is laid back time. You likely won't be checked in and unpacked til late on Thursday afternoon. And you leave for home on Monday. That only leaves 3 full days to relax. My opinion would be to stay put on Tortola, exploring the beaches all over the island rather than hustling to the ferry then taxi around JVD. Same with devoting a day to get to/from Anegada.

If it's laid back time you want, pack a cooler with some food and drinks (Mongoose will provide one) and drive out to Smugglers Cove. Take the road around through Belmont past Steele Point and relax over at Sopers Hole or Fish & Lime with a drink by the water. Drive out to Josiah's Bay and Long Bay at Beef Island. Hop over the hill to Brewers Bay and have a burger at Nicoles, chill on the beach, and snorkel.

I always eat at Palm's Delight in Carrot Bay. The service is on "island time" but the food is out of this world.