All,

I recently returned from the BVI on an 8 day charter. Wonderful experience. We had our captain from the year before who has been chartering for many many years and is very knowledgeable. We were on a 46 foot CAT. We pulled into Peter Island to moor and there was one ball remaining. We pulled up to the ball and our neighbors in front of us on approx. a 40' mono jumped in their dingy and said we were too close - specifically stating that monohulls swing different than CATs in wind and we were going to hit them. Our captain stated that would not happen and for them not to worry.. They were pretty brutal to our captain.

When I got in our dingy I reviewed the situation and their was no physical way our boats could have collided. I will say the boat behind us in a monohull 50' would have swung just right all the way around they could have made contact.

Nothing happened, but I would like to learn from the experienced people here. You have been very helpful.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Did the folks around us have a legitimate concern or was the rum talking? I am thankful for our captain because I would have left due the to pressure and the way they were treating us. Love your thoughts.