Hi

Congratulations on the bucket of “prop wash”, the “relative bearing oil”/grease and “calibrate the radar”. I can think of lots of others (involving looking in the tool box, etc, or going to a ship’s store) : a binnacle alignment tool, the old left handed screwdriver/monkey wrench gag, green oil for the starboard lamp (or red oil for the port lamp), the famous “sky hook”, a mast crank (for going under a low bridge), a shore line stretcher, a can of elbow grease, a waterline eraser, a key to the chain locker, a bulk head straightener or a metric crescent wrench/screw driver.

Of course a lot of them are old Navy jokes : standing the “Mail Buoy watch” (back when mail was delivered from another ship), getting 3 feet of gig line (or water line), or a tuning pipe for the fog horn. The things that people do out of boredom and out of sight of land!

I’ve been on the other end of (or seen the equivalent) of several of the Air Force equivalents, e.g. 10 more feet of flight line.

Peace
Dugg & Chris
Our VI pics are at http://picasaweb.google.com/papadugg/ - haven’t started on our ‘14 pics for Picasa. Having trouble getting ‘13 on the site

The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand with no bottom
and no shoes, no shirt, and no problems...KC