Thursday 4/30

Not much to say for the day. DH woke and got up super early this morning so he could catch the sunrise with me for the first time this trip and I'm thinking for many years......

Breakfast eaten and showers done, we had some errands to do today so we got that off our list, along with a stop at Le Grande Marche for some additional provisions and by the time we were done 'someone' -whose name shall go unspoken - declared he was hungry and tired in that order.

I decided to spend some time at the pool AGAIN since we could see the waves still pounding Mullet but after about an hour it actually got too hot to enjoy the pool. And the pool water itself is now about the temperature of the tub here in the room. Crazy but it's all good.

We went to Boca Marina on Airport Road this evening. We've had very questionable luck with this place. The first time we went it was okay but they were just opening so we figured we'd cut them some slack and return another time. The second time we went there, everything was wonderful so last April we went there with friends and it was back to being 'iffy' again. After talking to some other guests at the pool today who were there last night and loved it, we decided to return ONE MORE TIME. Tonight the service was spot on, the food was very good and we couldn't have asked for a better location. If only they could be consistent....... Anyway, DH had the surf and turf and I tried the Thermidor. I knew right away it wasn't Antoine's but it was still very good, and smaller in both size and price so I'm very glad I chose it. DH had a mango mousse dressed with fresh whipped cream and strawberries. Way too rich for me but I thought he was going to lick the plate.

So that's our latest day in paradise. The temperature feels warmer than I ever remember it and the Sahara sands are still floating across the ocean and creating this incredible haze but the seaweed does seem to have abated, at least in the areas we've seen up close and personal. Oh, and I'm still waiting for Saba to come back. Today was also one of the Carnival big parades but it was way too hot to even contemplate going and standing in all that heat and waiting for the parade to be done. Maybe next year.......or not!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."