I live in Lawrenceville, GA, work in Cumming and that's about 5 minutes from the Polar Bear Company office. Yesterday, I called the office to ask if I could stop buy and buy a 48 pk cooler. Mind you, they are not a retail outlet. All their products are sold on-line. I spoke with Leslie Woodie. Very nice. "Sure," she said, I've got about 10,000 of them back in the warehouse. Take your pick.

So, Off I go this afternoon to pick one up. What a great woman and a great place. Little front office with an Embroidery shop (yep, you can have a custom made cooler), with a cavernous warehouse in the back stacked to the roof with boxes of Polar Bear products.

Leslie opens a box containing maybe 15 coolers, gives me a silver 48'er, I pull out cash and give it to her. Transaction complete. Saved a bundle including shipping costs. Got some cozies and some stickers and I told her I'd make a post inviting TTOL'ers in the neighborhood to stop buy.

This is the classic, successful small business that you love to support. I did ask her if she would like to be a sponsor and if so, I could put her in touch. She said the owner does no marketing. Sells strictly by word-of-mouth. He obviously has a good product.

Worth the trip! ..... of a about 30 min. from my house.

Last edited by jbuch02; 06/30/2015 04:34 PM.