We have been to Paya Bay twice, both during naturist weeks. I was pretty much nude all of the time other than around the restaurant, where I usually just wore a sarong. It's common for people to be nude there, so you won't get anything negative from the staff. But, they have been trying to build a local following for the bar, which is on the nude beach, and that is bringing in a lot of textiles. They don't seem to gawk and know what to expect, but it didn't always feel like a naturist resort.

I can't say that I would recommend Paya Bay, though. Our first trip we had a nice time and the trip to Pigeon Cay was a real highlight. But, we got sick on the trip and had to take Cipro when we got home to clear it up. It took a few years before we decided to try again and our second trip was a bit of a bust. We were prepared in case of the stomach trouble this time. We avoided dairy products and anything that might have been washed, but still caught it. We did have pills we got in advance that cleared it up. We got eaten alive by sand flies, in spike of lots of Deep Wood Off. I don't know why this was not a problem our first trip, but was our second. The worst thing was that we felt we were treated as second-class guests the second trip due to low occupancy. It was low the first time, but this time the promised Pigeon Cay trip never happened, the local entertainers never happened, and they just didn't seem to care as much. We won't be back.