ReelG8r said:
Great rules RickG.

Newbies will assume the villa is on the beach, even if you tell them otherwise and show them pictures

We had an issue with this one. He was fine at Sandcastle on JVD, but bitched about being up on the hill on STJ. We use to travel with his family each year. Haven't done so now in four years and our wives are still best friends.

I won't go so far as to say any of the newbies that travelled with us outright complained but a number have said STJ required too much driving and they wouldn't return because "in Myrtle/Virginia Beach/Hilton Head, we can stay in a condo ON the beach" The idea that any of those destinations would be a suitable alternative to STJ boggles my mind but to each their own.

We spoiled my mother with back to back trips above Gibney and one to Peter Bay. When staying at Chocolate Hole, she sighed and said she preferred staying within walking distance. They decamped for Mexico after that.

We have complainers in our "home" group of friends and so far, we have avoided a STJ trip with them. I tell them straight out that they would hate it but they don't believe me.