SXMScubaman said:
Mantas said:
(Not a criticism but an observation)
It's funny seeing human nature and its initial reluctance to change on this board. A few years ago the causeway bridge plans and construction was cursed upon and its disastrous effects for the island.....by the time cars were on it you never heard another negative comment on it. A few months ago the majority of posters were upset and up in arms about the OB construction plans and how it was going to ruin Orient's 'feel' and now you can feel a changing attitude toward excitement.

So true. I voiced those same sentiments in previous posts. For the most part change is good.

i wouldn't say opinions have changed on this board regarding the shacks....i think it's more that they have been removed, they are gone, and now let's get the new buildings up and running as soon as possible so that the ''tenants'' can get back up and running and let them start making a living again. I am really surprised that the construction hasn't started already..(at least that's the way it appears in the pictures). Just seems unfair to keep things not moving quicker for all the displaced workers. I am sure for them every day feels like a month. As for the betterment of Orient, time will obvious tell. I personally cant wait to make my judgement in March!!! Right now, it seems like so far away. smile