Sorry I have to disagree Rasputin.

As a tourist I would go there (despite what the SD says if you follow thier warnings literally you'd go nowhere)a as long as you stay out of any political demeonstrations and avoid discussions on such subjects I think you'd be fine. Sickness and automobile transport would be a far greater threat.

If you are prudent with regards to your cash and you had a competent guide (who stands to gain from your safety)and the businesses you would patronize I believe you would in fact be afforded greater protection than a common citizen.

I've experienced these actualities more than once in places deemed by our DOS as *No go* destinations.

Obviously there are degrees and grey zones but I'm leary of blanket statements also because I know of a few individuals that hafve recently spent time in Zim, Kenya and Tanzania that had little more problems than the usual issues presented to travelers in Africa, usually due to lacking infrastructure.

Edit to add: Before you site your friends death let me point out that they were part of a "Humanitarian" group. That is a noble cause yet in terms of nuetrality NGO's are commonly viewed as part of an "Outside agenda" (See Chloe's Ark members in Chad recently and how thier benevolence was viewed simplyas outsiders)which rises these people above simple travelers.

[color:"blue"]"Everything impossible, is possible.....with money."[/color]

Last edited by Stiv; 04/08/2008 08:21 AM.

Google Polo's bastards