We (family of five) are chartering out of Antigua next June. As we typically do, we are planning on spending a couple nights in San Juan before the charter so I am looking for the best way to get us from SJU to ANU. It looks like Liat and Seaborne both do that route on a regular basis. I've heard negatives about both airlines, but from what I can tell they are the cheapest and most direct options. However, we don't want our charter to be held up due to lost luggage or delays in our flights. A private air charter would be ideal, but probably more than we want to pay. Any other ideas? If we end up taking one of the two above airlines, which one would be preferable?

Our other option would be to spend the two night layover somewhere else besides San Juan. Maybe somewhere in Florida, or even New York would be a good stop. In any case, we prefer that the flight to ANU from the layover location be nonstop to minimize the chances of delays. And of course we would like the tickets to be reasonably priced.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt