Good day y'all, trying to get some recommendations on charter operations out of Greece, but first I need to ask about timing in order to settle where in the isles might be a good place to start.

Our hope is to sail some time in September, 2016, but I wanted to check with those that have "been there, done that" to see whether this is a fine time to go, or should we aim for a different time.

We aren't terribly concerned about how busy it is. Our main focus is on wind and water conditions. Warm water is key, with favorable sailing conditions a very close second. The group will include a few newbies this go around, and I'd love to be able to show them a good first sailing experience.

So, does September sound like a good time?? If not, when around that time might you recommend?

Given our timing and our "wants", are there any solid suggestions of where to start from? This is the biggest thing for me. I've never sailed in this area and I'm a bit overwhelmed by number of routes to choose from. (Not a bad problem to have at all!) Sandsailsun offered some suggestions for floatillas, though the group has since balked at that idea.

The one company I've been in touch with Istion Charters. Their selection of cats is up to par, in my opinion, but as a bareboat charterer I've learned that the fleet is only as good as the company that backs it up. Is Istion reputable, and what other charter outfits might you suggest?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

- MMS

"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
- Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows