Breeze said:
3 of my friends were on that flight, 2 of them have since been back to the current wreck site via a dive operator and had their pics taken in their original assigned seats.

Certainly not the way one wants to end a sail vacation, but very glad it did not end the enjoyment of BVI sailing.

the story that I was told by the locals and by a dive operation I did my dive master internship with, is that the plane that "crashed" was not the plane carrying passengers, yet was carrying the luggage behind another flight that was carrying the passengers. It essentially skidded off the end of the runway. The luggage recovered, no-one injured and then later moved to the site as a purpose sunk dive site. There are no seats in the interior of the plane.

I know that varies slightly from the story you tell and the story in the article, but are you sure they were on it and sat in their seats on a dive?

Last edited by raiderceb; 10/25/2015 03:18 AM.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain