There are many different ways to protest and the protest that took place yesterday went a long way in alienating the very people who contribute such a great amount to the French side economy. Why not impede the movement of your elected officials? Why not have sit-ins in your government offices? You had 1000's of people on the island yesterday from those cruise ships, don't you think that many of them now have a negative perspective about the island and will share that opinion often with others?

I have now read the PLU and I can see good and bad in it.

St Martin threatened a year ago to close the border and require visas because of the econimic disparity with St Maarten and other alleged transgressions.

Every year, I hear from the residents that tourism is down and how the economy is hurting. Every year, I see businesses that I have frequented in previous visits having closed down because of fewer visitors and less dollars being spent. And, something like the protests happen which further adds to the problem.

Constructive protests could have happened, that would not have impacted residents and visitors alike, if more care had been given to others.

I have heard the mention of the Baltimore protests/ riots brought up numerous times. I live in Maryland. Do you think that the residents of my state have any sympathy for the rioters or their behavior? NO, they did more to harm their argument than help it.

Be Happy! Simply because you deserve to be. 😁