Thanks everyone for all the info! Just what I was looking for! I'm well aware of the Sept./Oct. hurricane season. Been through many in FL, NC and VA. Is the weather generally good for boating (power cat) notwithstanding a hurricane? I figure if one is on the way, the charter ends anyway and I'd love to take advantage of the sparse crowds and great deals of off season. Plus, that's when everyone in my group so far seems to want to go.

As some have mentioned, sailing is definitely out of the question for me. While I have many fond memories sailing with friends as drunken crew, I have none as captain other than a Sunfish I had in high school! Think I'll just be going from point A to point B on the shortest/quickest route early morning to get a mooring and limit moving around as much as possible. First time chartering on my own with friends that have no experience will just make me nervous and ruin the trip for me. Still working on getting one or two friends that do know their way around a boat. The rest will be fine helping me out I hope.

[Linked Image]