CDavis said:
My company does own the boat so we are considered owners but Marine Max offers the service to other customers. Not sure on the cost. The charter is still a BVI based charter as opposed to originatting out of the USVI. It is basically like sail2wind descrbes we are basically paying a captain to pick-up and return the boat.

The reason I assumed the owner part was I have tried to get two different charter companies to deliver boats to the USVI. They both stated they had looked into it but it was not practical because of visa and qualification issues. Unless things have changed the delivery skipper would have to hold a green card or be a US citizen in addition to coast guard rules on hired skippers. I can't quite figure how the delivery skipper would clear the boat into the USVI.
It may be times have changed and there are reciprocal rules allowing this. My attempts were over 10 years ago. It would indeed ba a great service. I suspect CYOA might have a thing or two to say about it if more companies offer this. Love to see it happen however. If you have 8 on a charter you could save 800.00 in ferry fees. That would more then cover skipper charges on both ends.
G

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 10/29/2015 09:26 PM.