The thread on the breakwall reminded me of something I wanted to put to the forum... Any of us who have frequented the dinghy dock there recently must be aware of how quickly its condition is degrading. What is it going to take to get this dock back into reasonable condition so that it can once again be considered non-destructive to the dinghy's that we so depend on for our source of travel?

I've been going to Cane Garden Bay and tying to that dock for 4 years and never had a single problem even when there was swell... this year my dinghy has been damaged in both my most recent visits, and I'm sorry but if I have to fix my dinghy every time I go there because the dock is falling apart, it's going to end up off my list. I would really hate for that to happen.

It seems like the local community has no interest in repairing it... I guess they get enough business from the cruise ships so we don't make enough difference... I'm not entirely sure, I just know there is a problem, and it seems to me like it should be fairly easy to fix if someone actually addressed it.

Personally, I would even volunteer my own time and possibly some funds to the cause if we could put together a team to nail some new boards onto it and give it some proper cleats... how hard can this be?

The last time I had guests there, I had another boat load of friends that wanted to go ashore for the Happy Hour party, but said they wouldn't chance it because the dock had screws sticking out everywhere from where boards had broken off, and nobody wanted to have to pay the charter companies for dinghy loss or repair... that was only one boat, I can only imagine there are many others of the same opinion.

I'd be interested to know of others experiences and opinions, and I'm certainly willing to put my hand in first to help if there is any kind of interest at all in helping put this dock back in shape enough to keep Cane Garden Bay on our travel list. At least we're coming up on a good season to do it with calmer seas... if we could gather some local volunteers, maybe even the local bars who benefit from the charter boats would help with the cost of materials... Just an idea... Thoughts?