Some years back, I remember people talking about The Fish Trap (in Cruz Bay) as a source for lobsters. I know two years ago we requested them for a villa dinner and the chef couldn't buy any. If you are able to buy lobsters, report back because I would love to find a supplier.

Definitely make reservations for Christmas.

In Coral Bay, we like the Shipwreck for lunches/afternoon drinks.

Skinny Legs is polarizing smile People either love it or not. I personally am a "not" but I will say it did seem much improved during our last trip. (our friends love it so I go with the flow)

The bars along Cruz Bay are fun for happy hour. As RickG said, Joe's is a fun happy hour. There is also High Tide and the Beach Bar. For more upscale (by STJ standards) Drink! is great. A nice wine by the glass list and great cocktails. By "upscale" I mean Drink! is the type of place you get a real glass as opposed to a plastic cup like the Beach Bar, Joe's, etc.

We have a very good meal at Waterfront Bistro in July. Apparently one of the chefs from La Tapa moved over to Waterfront Bistro. A forum friend talked us into trying it and we were very happy we listened to her, it was great.

Extra Virgin (the old Tage/Fatty Crab location) is getting lots of extremely positive praise.