It's still the low season, let's remember that. With that said I just got back from SXM and spent 4 of my 7 days on the beach at El Zafiro with 4 of my friends and we loved EVERY minute of it.

The beach is clean and quiet. The water is very easy for me to get in and out of ( I fell on my knee coming out of Eqinox after watching the Patriots game; the stairs are white marble and it's hard to see where one star ends and other begins.. Ugh!!)

The beach chairs and umbrellas are brand new, they also built tables as well. They play some ambient music in the background that is not loud, in fact is quite relaxing. The "facilities" are brand new, each toilet are has a new shower that can be used. You are so close to the airport this is a perfect last day hangout you can shower at and go to the airport!

We got food all four days; Angus beef cheese burger and fries, we had a great Grilled Camembert with toast points and apples, Grilled Chicken Salad, Seafood Pasta, Grilled Tuna Salad, someone got a panini, a delicious chocolate cake we all took several fork fulls of, I think there may also have been a fruit tart too, don't quote me on that, this is all I can remember off the top of my head! Barbie the bartender and Bart took great care of our libations each day!!!

I also got to take a peek at one of the rooms that has been done over, it was really nice. This room was done in whites and greys, everything brand spanking new and quite modern. Roomy bathroom and shower, bed room, designer modern bed, living room area with pull out couch, fridge, and of course a fantastic beachfront view. There is even outdoor furniture on the deck.

Can't wait to go back and see this place come into its own-IMHO there is not anything not to like about it, and all my friends agreed!

[Linked Image]