Just finished our annual stay, while we did have to move to a different unit as the shower was broken I can say cautiously that there were some positive signs. It was the first time in 16 years that there was actual improvement from the previous year.

There appears to be a new manager on site, He threw a pretty nice managers party and introduced himself, Jan was his first name but that was all I got. He seemed to be a no nonsense kind of guy so I wish him good luck. Apparently the sale from Verdier senior is dead with now lawsuits to be settled, the elder Verdier is also reported to be in poor health and the son has reached out for help from the new GM.

The pool floor has been fixed and new pool lighting installed which is quite colorful, also new wood kitchen cabinetry was being installed in one of the units in building 3, hopefully his will continue.

Most if not all the small shops are closed, the Spa is also gone as is the small convenience store in the basement which probably had a hard time competing with the new Grande Marche at Porto Cupacoy.

Hopefully they can turn this thing around as there is great potential.