So we're back. And we had a great time and loved the 4000. It is #1 on our list of boats that we'd buy if we had the money to upgrade to a Cat.

I can't say much about the sailing since we only raised the sails once. What I did notice though is it seemed to not go to wind as well as some of the larger cats we've been on - not a huge difference, but seemed noticeable to me. It was also not very forgiving if you went to close and had a tendency to pull you into the wind. Might have just been the specific conditions we were in though. I just recall having a little more forgiveness and time to recover on the other cats we've sailed. Again though, this was 1 sail on the same tack. Didn't really mind all the lines at the helm, although if we bought this boat, I'd probably put a 3rd winch in like the larger cats have for the main sheet. Huge bin for storing the lines though, so that helped.

So.. the rest of the boat? Awesome! The storage was amazing. So much of it. 3 floor boards come up in the salon for storage. There's plenty of storage in the bow area - with the forward walk through, I expected a lot less, but there's some space in the smaller locker (we stored one of the floating mats we rented there), storage for fenders, lines and anchor in the larger locker and even some storage under the stairs to the bow - we stored trash there until we had a chance to take it off the boat.

Aft storage was great too. There were shelves over the batteries so you could store stuff under that seat and there was a locker for snorkel gear with lots of room. Plenty of storage in the cabins too, especially the owners hull.

For us, the best part was the play space Conner had. The area in the salon/galley had lots of room - only issue was the stairs going below to each hull, but this boat has two movable seats and we just put one in front of each of the stairs.

The most unique aspect of this boat was the forward facing galley. And it was great. Doing dishes, cooking..etc you could look out at the view. I think it was also nice sitting at the table looking forward as well.

Another bonus - the holding tank valve is so easy to access. Just a panel in the head that you open and turn the valve. Not that it was a big deal before when you opened the thru-hull valve, but this was easier.

I really can't think of any complaints we had with it. If I had to pick something, I guess it would be the A/C. Like all these cats, the A/C blows much stronger in the bow vent. The stern vent has much less airflow. In addition, the main salon is vented from each hull - again with low flow.. so the salon was warmer. Not a huge deal and things were still comfortable. Hulls were comfortable too, only issue with this is if you are using both cabins in the port hull (or either hull on a 4 cabin version) since one cabin will be colder then the other.

Really glad we got to try it out - great way to use our last upgrade.

Matt