I think that the reefs at SXM have been improving for some years. The real wild card for the future is water temperatures, as well as damage from human activity. We do have memories of Green Cay in particular in the early nineties (pre-Luis) in which the reef there seemed much better - the corals much healthier - at least in our memories. And, back then there was the big sand bar and MUCH more sand (which continued into early 2000's I think) and we used to actually set up on Green Cay with at least a beach blanket and we would picnic over there - also we would use Club O Watersports sometimes and they would set you up with an umbrella. Now, we do not even get out of water at Green Cay.

Kenny's has two locations - one on Old Street and the original one on Front Street (next door actually to original original spot). He does have Rima stuff - but we were a little disappointed in the selection as it (of course, because the stores are so much smaller than the Rima retail outlet was) was so much less than the Rima retail store. Just one example, the sleeved cotton coverups that the wife used to get at Rima's were not at Kenny's nor anywhere else. We did not think that Kenny's selection was really that different from other stores in terms of Rima products, but that is just kind of an impression - we did not study the issue. I hear you about the heat if it is July or August but we had some relatively cool days in April (and you may in May) and we do like to wander Philipsburg at least once - and I am unlikely to be able to avoid at least one trip to the "City" any time we are there because of Deepti - whom I blame for easing the wife into comfortable dealing with island jewelry stores. Hey Deepti, but for you I might be able to retire! (BTW: Deepti apparently is in Hong Kong now.)