snmhanson said:
I asked the mifi question a few posts up. Just to clarify: I have AT&T as my stateside carrier but don't want AT&T to have anything to do with when I am using the mifi device outside of the country. If I buy a mifi device from AT&T will it be locked and only work on the AT&T network (or roam on a foreign network but still be billed through my AT&T account)? Or is it as simple as just switching out sim cards to lime when in the BVIs, orange when in the French islands, etc... and I will be entirely disconnected from AT&T? Do I need to look for an unlocked device to be able to switch to different providers depending on where I am located?

Also, are all sim cards universal in terms of shape and functionality? Or is that something to consider as well?

Just want to make sure I end up with the right device that will give me the most flexibility.

Thanks,

Matt

There are 2 sizes of sim card, they can be cut to fit. Once you take out your AT&T sim, your phone is useless. Yes, it's just like plug and play, put in the Lime sim and call away.