Eric Hill,
The wireless card in this Win 7 Professional Lenovo laptop is an Intel Pro Wireless 3945abg - Intrigued by your advice I went to Intel (with the laptop that works fine) and did the 101MB download of the latest Win 7 64 bit Intel ProSet Driver v18.40.0 for this particular card, having a flash drive it was transferred to the Win 7 laptop and installed, and rebooted. No change. Sees the network, but that's it. It never even gets to the wireless network password prompt. This Win 7 laptop is also very lean, and was thoroughly updated (before I got here) and would bet my life it's malware/virus free... I really think that 802.11g (54G) connection support here is gonzo!!

For MORWAVES There are a couple of ports for Ethernet in this room (by the phone) - (a Minisuite) and they are dead as I do have a regular Ethernet cable here and tried them. The phone is also using Cat 5 and thus is now most probably VOIP (Voice Over IP), and I did not start messing with the phone for the sake of resolving this issue.

There is also an ACTIVE Ethernet pass-thru on the phone, but when you plug into it, you'll twirl to establish a connection for a while but result with no Internet Connection. It's apparently relegated for Phone only... not data.

Last edited by Modi; 06/09/2016 06:10 PM.